Tuesday, May 04, 2010

NEW JERSEY NOSTALGIA RACER INSPIRED BY NHRA STAR FAST JACK BECKMAN


Flemington, NJ – Joe Morrison is on a mission to fight cancer. Using his race car, his passion and some good old fashioned hard work, he is expanding what NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car driver Fast Jack Beckman started earlier this year with his LLS Foundation fundraiser.

Morrison, a second generation drag racer from Flemington, NJ earned his NHRA Competition Driving License on September 11th 2001 from Doug Foley’s Drag Racing School and has been racing his 1948 Fiat Injected Alcohol Altered for the past few years. He was inspired to support Beckman’s LLS Foundation fundraiser through his own personal experience with the devastating disease.

“My good friend and race partner Mike Gillespie was battling cancer. I happened to run into Jack Beckman at the Englishtown NHRA National event in 2008 and told him that Mike was a big fan and was inspired by him in his fight with cancer,” stated Morrison. “Jack's offer of support and kindness for someone who he didn't even know really made an impression on me. I had planned to do a cancer fundraiser this year in honor of Mike, as well as in thanks for the people in my life that have beaten cancer.”

“I have always believed that if you listen to your heart, you will be in the right place, at the right time, to have the opportunity to do the right thing,” noted Morrison, who pilot’s his teams Fiat Altered in the NETO Nostalgia Drag Racing Series. “I just found out today that my uncle was just diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Now I am sure that I am doing the right thing in helping Jack raise money for LLS. I'm sure my story is not unique. I would be willing to bet that everyone has either been directly affected or knows someone who has been affected by cancer. If we all just help out where we can, I believe we can help cure cancer.”

Morrison is going full throttle with his efforts to raise awareness and funds for the LLS Foundation. He will begin promoting the LLS Fundraiser at the first three NETO nostalgia races of the season: May 2 @ Island Dragway; May 15 @ Lebanon Valley; and May 29 @ Skyview Drags, at the Full Throttle Car Club cruise night’s every Tuesday in May at Fuddrucker's in Bridgewater, NJ with race car appearances. He will also promote the LLS fundraiser at the Country Squire Car Show, May 16, 23, and 30 (Sundays) in Warren, NJ with race car appearances and passing out postcards 6-9 PM.

His local promotion races along with Beckman’s National program which runs from March 25th till June 2nd 2010. For more information about the LLS Foundation or to donate to help battle cancer, please visit Morrison’s website at http://www.mpgracingonline.com or contact Morrison directly at morrisonland@gmail.com